News:

SMF - Just Installed!

Main Menu

SERVER STATUS

Started by cear dragon, December 03, 2016, 04:05:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Crimson Shirt

Yes, it is a temporary situation though.  Cear checks the forums a few times a week
at least, so as long as we let him know the server is borked, he gets to fixing the
usually minor issue promptly.  I am 3 shrine visits from getting my party to level 8
across the board, so eager to get back to it as well.  See you there.

jon long

Lol!  Im still figuring out how to find more torches and talking to people.

ive tried combat a tiny bit but its sporadic.  Looking for my old favorite NPC Janna.  Shes always essential to my party after my days long ago with Ultima 5.

im sorry to see that i cant come up with a custom character portrait.  and that i cant use my avatar cause its 'not human' as the rules say.  I mean i understand the desire to keep with the games spirit and all and i want to play like that.  But ive always used my squirrel identity for myself.

lol there were a number of animal chars you could talk to in Ultima as i recal like Sherry and Smith.

Crimson Shirt

We're back up, thank you for your hard work and Diligence, sir.

Crimson Shirt

Whoops.  And down again.

cear dragon

Quote from: Crimson Shirt on May 29, 2019, 10:36:56 PM
Whoops.  And down again.

Hey Crim, Hey everyone. Many apologies for this. As most of you know the server was totally rebuilt and that took some time.
There is currently an issue with the server power supply. It has been RMA'd, the server is up now, and the replacement will be here tomorrow, Thursday.

So the server may shut down again today. i'm not positive. I will be trouble shooting this until the new power supply returns.

See you in Britannia!

Shay

the game is frozen. I can't get past the login screen.

Crimson Shirt

The same.  after Journey Onward, the text scroll buttons come up,
and music plays, but can't enter the game, and forced to Q uit out.

G

Sincere apologies. I accidentally threw the server into an infinite loop while having some fun chatting with an NPC. It turns out there is a problem which can cause this to happen. I'd be happy to discuss this with the admin offline. I probably lost a lot of progress because I had been playing for several hours. Sigh.

cear dragon

Quote from: G on June 08, 2019, 10:39:07 AM
Sincere apologies. I accidentally threw the server into an infinite loop while having some fun chatting with an NPC. It turns out there is a problem which can cause this to happen. I'd be happy to discuss this with the admin offline. I probably lost a lot of progress because I had been playing for several hours. Sigh.

hey guys. super sorry about this. this was a unique situation where the game appeared to be running but was actually frozen. G if you can help me figure out what caused this that would be great.
PM please

Shay

It is frozen again. Still running, but can't get past login screen.

cear dragon

Quote from: Shay on June 11, 2019, 10:42:40 PM
It is frozen again. Still running, but can't get past login screen.

monitoring situation now.

Something funky happened after the NPC dialog crashed the system.

Game should be available for play now.

Crimson Shirt

Server appears to be down again.  Check on this soon.

cear dragon

Quote from: Crimson Shirt on August 17, 2019, 07:33:57 AM
Server appears to be down again.  Check on this soon.

The VM hosting the server in the cloud is back up. Apologies this happened while I was on vacation. Please know the quickest way to inform me of connection issues it to send an email to server_status@thezogcabal.com
I am constantly working with our host to get service up time to 99.99%

cear dragon

Thank you for the email report! Back online

cear dragon

Im aware with an issue atm with the virtual machine. working on it.

Back Online!