News:

SMF - Just Installed!

Main Menu

Server for Windows?

Started by Draugr, October 21, 2021, 03:33:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Draugr

Hi Everyone.

I was curious to know if there is a version of the server available for Windows that one can download to host one's own U6O server? My brother & I as well as a friend or two would love to be able to play U6 together online. I have hosted games like UO, Ark, Conan Exiles and many other MMO style games on my dedicated server box here on my network. I never really played U6 much when it was first released yet I always have the itch for Ultima, especially U1-5 as I grew up playing those on my old C64. :)

Anyhow, if there is a version of the server (compiled preferably) for windows, please let me know where it can be downloaded from.

Thanks,
John

cear dragon

Hello, the game is currently hosted on a windows VM in the cloud and you and your brother can download the client and play today. If you are interested in hosting it yourself or contributing, please see the "Current Source" link on the sidebar

Draugr

Quote from: cear dragon on October 28, 2021, 05:25:12 PM
Hello, the game is currently hosted on a windows VM in the cloud and you and your brother can download the client and play today. If you are interested in hosting it yourself or contributing, please see the "Current Source" link on the sidebar

Thanks for the tip. Is there any information on how to compile a version of the U6O server for Windows? I've searched everywhere and haven't been able to find any info. I did come across a map editor, and other editors and would love to check them out and see how they work. Running my own U6O server is probably required to use those tools I'd assume.

Thanks Again,
John

cear dragon

Do you have a computer programming background?

As far as instructions I dont think there is anything beyond what is on github.

you will need to download and configure visual studio and load the host solution file in the VC-Files directory.
Once you compile that, you have the server.

The server only compiles for windows.

Quote from: Draugr on December 09, 2021, 06:06:56 AM
Quote from: cear dragon on October 28, 2021, 05:25:12 PM

Thanks for the tip. Is there any information on how to compile a version of the U6O server for Windows? I've searched everywhere and haven't been able to find any info. I did come across a map editor, and other editors and would love to check them out and see how they work. Running my own U6O server is probably required to use those tools I'd assume.

Thanks Again,
John