News:

SMF - Just Installed!

Main Menu

SERVER STATUS

Started by cear dragon, December 03, 2016, 04:05:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cear dragon

quickest way to report an outage is emailing server_status@thezogcabal.com
UPDATE: An IP address is no longer needed to connect to the game server. server.thezogcabal.com now points directly to the U6O server.
What this means: you will no longer have to update your dns.txt to connect to the server when it "goes down". Does this mean the server will not go down? No! Internet outtages can still happen in my area and cause my local IP address to change. But you will not have to do anything other than let me know on the boards or via  server_status@thezogcabal.com
Once notified I will update the address that the url points to and you will be good to go.[/glow]

Problems with cloud VM. Working on it
DNS.TXT server.thezogcabal.com:22

Borr

Warms my heart to see this is still going. Logged in for the first time today in who knows how long, makes me want to start a new character and see if I can do the whole game solo for a good challenge!

krizmn

Im excited to player, but it says server is down.  I want to make a few notes about forum registration.  It was insanely hard to do the number caption to register, took me 4 times.  Also, you have to confirm the registration, but it went straight to spam for gmail.  This is a heads up to any new players.

cear dragon

Quote from: krizmn on December 07, 2016, 02:12:57 AM
Im excited to player, but it says server is down.  I want to make a few notes about forum registration.  It was insanely hard to do the number caption to register, took me 4 times.  Also, you have to confirm the registration, but it went straight to spam for gmail.  This is a heads up to any new players.

Krizmn, please make sure the dns.txt file in your game directory reads 104.139.125.132:22

As for the registration, I will continue to monitor feedback. The previous forum was a constant battleground. Perhaps I can make it easier with the registration questions. Or leave a message to check spam folders which is common with message boards.

Crimson Shirt

Well, the server is currently down.  I am using the last known IP,

104.139.125.132:22

but it hangs at

DNS address translated to IP address sucessfully

cear dragon

Crimson were you ever able to get in? That is the current IP and players are playing successfully.

Crimson Shirt

Up until a few days ago, yes.  Currently using

But its hanging again at

DNS translated to IP successfully.

after downloading the .RAR and re-installing, there was a second line in the DNS.txt

bgt-nsupervisor.cloudapp.net:22

don't know if that's also required, but it was still not loading, and stopped at the same point.

blackavar

This is my story also.. Was able to login a few days ago. Giving me the "server is down" message when I try now.

Crimson Shirt

Server is back up.  Thank you very much.

ElmoDor

Server is down again?

Borr

Yaaar, the server be down

Also, who's the greedy one taking everything I'm putting in the guard shack... At least leave something for a new player

King Connor

Hi I just came back to the game a couple days back. The server went down when i was in the shrine of spirituality :(

King Connor

Server is down again :( for 2 days

Crimson Shirt

Server down, for approximately 2 weeks, meybe more.  Using

cear dragon

Quote from: Crimson Shirt on December 07, 2017, 08:48:29 AM
Server down, for approximately 2 weeks, meybe more.  Using

UP: 71.75.101.186:22

looking in to dns issues. super sorry Crimson